Maines Paper & Food Service Transportation Manager - Allentown, PA in Allentown, Pennsylvania
Due to new Customer Partnerships we are growing and expanding our business and as a result, we are looking for new talent to join our team!
Maines Paper & Food Service is seeking a Transportation Manager to be responsible for supervising transportation personnel, scheduling drivers, directing distribution activities, coordinating deliveries and backhauls, fleet repairs and replacements, resolving issues, and ensuring compliance in our Allentown, PA domicile. This position is Monday through Friday, with occasional weekend duties and will have on-call responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage drivers including reviewing performance and C&C, ensuring timely and efficient deliveries, and cost effective backhauls.
- Develops and maintains driver's daily work schedule.
- Oversees delivery drivers and resolve delivery complaints.
- Collaborate with customer service and sales representatives to ensure high levels of productivity and service.
- Research the most cost productive routes for deliveries.
- Monitor overtime compared to routes.
- Monitor Driver ELD reports.
- Ensure compliance with budgetary needs.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Manage department personnel including but not limited to interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Monitors compliance and safety to reduces loss due to violations and reduce loss due to shortage or damage.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, and SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the qualifications, knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Highly organized with strong attention to detail and accuracy with commitment to customer service and meeting deadlines. Strong understanding of effective routing and transportation cost savings measures. Should possess good computer skills including MS Office Suite and knowledge of routing and scheduling software. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Possess knowledge of driver safety and DOT compliance requirements. Ability to motivate and develop employees.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree with a minimum of three (3) years' experience in transportation management or related role with a minimum of two (2) years in a supervisory capacity; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Food industry experience preferred. CDL A license preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: None.
This position supervises Transportation Supervisor, Drivers, and Dispatchers.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to walk, use hands and fingers, handle objects or controls, talk and hear, stand, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee may be required to travel and will be exposed to normal driving conditions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Referral Bonus
- Direct Deposit
- Educational Reimbursement
- Boot Reimbursement
- Excellent Advancement Opportunities
If you're looking for challenge, growth, and genuine job satisfaction, then look to Maines!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled