SMG Director of Food and Beverage in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for a Director of Food and Beverage at the Sands Event Center in Bethlehem, PA. This position is responsible for daily management of the Food and Beverage Department to include: concessions, suites and premium seating, mobile carts, general event catering, culinary sales, menu development, financials and budgets.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Markets Food and Beverage services to patrons and establishes Food and Beverage controls.
- Fosters & maintains positive client and business relations.
- Daily management of the Food & Beverage departmental operations and personnel.
- Develops event work plans, including scheduling and ordering, and assigns appropriate duties to subordinates.
- Establishes Food & Beverage and operational needs for the event.
- Oversees Food and Beverage operations during events.
- Purchasing and overseeing distribution of all products for facility food and beverage outlets.
- Responsible for inventory and per capita reports for each event and ongoing fiscal reporting.
- Analyzes information concerning facility operations such as event food sales, patron attendance, and labor costs to prepare budget and to maintain cost control of facility operations.
- Maintains inventory control.
- Maintains cost and quality control standards.
- Controls spoilage, cost of sales.
- Creates Food and Beverage sales projections and budgets for facility events.
- Responsible for daily Food and Beverage compliance and service concerns, such as Health Department regulations, alcoholic beverage service guidelines and standards, menu engineering/development and detailed costing for concessions operation.
- Inspects food service facilities to ensure that equipment and buildings meet requirements of state and local health laws and internal regulations.
- Inspects and tastes prepared food to maintain quality standards and sanitation regulations.
- Hires and trains new food and beverage employees; anticipates and schedules labor needs for event and non-event days.
- Works within guidelines for food and labor costs.
Manages subordinate Bar, Catering, Concessions, and Cook/Kitchen supervisors. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of any of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) in Food & Beverage Management or related field preferred.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a Food & Beverage management level (Director preferred) position.
- Bar management experience required.
- Experience in a multi-purpose equitable facility preferred.
- Proven track record of exceeding customer service and quality standards required.
Or equivalent combination of education and experience Skills and Abilities
Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service orientation Computer Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff including management.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours. Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
Josh Rogers Sands Event Center 77 Sands Boulevard Bethlehem PA, 18015
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 610-297-7401
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled