Ricoh Americas Corporation Regional Manager, Lean Supply Chain Systems in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
The Lean Supply Chain Systems Manager is responsible for enabling Lean Supply Chain Management Operating System maturity within the East Coast Regional Fulfillment Centers (RFC's). Responsibilities include training, coaching, mentoring and direct application of lean tools and concepts across all business functions within the RFC's. The role also includes supporting the implementation and ongoing adherence to the Company's health and safety policies. These functions include; EDC & CC warehouse operations, shop, inventory control, transportation and wholesale. The LSC Systems Manager will work with the RFC leadership teams to achieve significant improvements across a balanced scorecard with a focus on Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost. This position has a direct responsibility to the RFC leadership team to assist in defining and executing strategies that leverage the LSC Management Operating System to drive continuous improvement and profitable growth.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in developing the annual RFC specific LSC System strategic roadmap and lead implementation with RFC's
- Monitor and advise on Company's safety policies, procedures, and programs to safeguard personnel and property.
- In conjunction with the RFC Lean Core Teams, Corporate Lean Process Optimization Sr. Manager and Corporate Process Improvement Team, successfully execute the LSC Management Operating System strategic roadmap
- Work closely with the RFC leadership teams and Lean Core Teams to identify ways to accelerate culture change and embed the LSC Management Operating System as a "way-of-life" within the RFC's
- Partner with Finance personnel to evaluate project savings estimates, validate reported LSC benefits, and ensure accurate accounting of LSC Productivity while driving to identified savings
- Conduct field observations and compliance assessments aimed at identifying potential risks and compliance with Ricoh Safety policies
- Regular visits to all Region Sites evaluating progress on initiatives, soliciting input while also providing two-way communication and feedback
- Clearly communicate and clarify purpose, goals, and expectations in a way that positively influences people and events
- Assists in preparing SC team to anticipate and prepare for change and takes a leadership role in driving major change initiatives
- Partner with other LSC Systems Managers to manage and support cross-RFC improvement activity
- Conduct training events in areas such as lean leadership, value stream mapping, kaizen blitz, waste and variation elimination, material flow, 5S, visual management, lean sourcing, lean office, built-in quality, 3P etc.
- Provide "sensei-type" coaching to leadership to develop their Lean expertise over
- Time Identify best practices within and outside the company, and serve as a conduit for best-practice sharing
- Challenge organizational leaders as necessary to create an action-biased culture of continuous improvement and proliferate LSC and Lean thinking throughout the organization
- Facilitate Kaizen events to improve productivity and accelerate growth
- Facilitate Strategic Policy Deployment sessions to develop annual strategic plans across RFC's
- Participate in reporting processes as part of the LSC Management Operating System; Champion, track, measure and report on LSC savings and LSC System maturity monthly
- May periodically be assigned specific projects within RFC's or across the supply chain, which align with the LSC strategic plan and company goals and objectives
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
- Bachelors degree in engineering, science, operations or business or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3-5 years business experience
- Experience working in the Toyota Production System (TPS), Danaher Business System (DBS), Honeywell Operating System (HOS) or other recognized Lean business system
- Experience coaching alignment between strategic business plans and Lean improvement plans preferred
- Formal Lean training and comprehensive knowledge of Lean and continuous improvement methodologies and tools preferred
- A strong business acumen that include the ability to work with all levels of operating units
- Experience leading in a matrix management environment
Ricoh is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer -- Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.