The Mentor Network Youth Support Specialist in Hackettstown, New Jersey
Youth Support Specialist Primary Location: NJ-NJHackettstown-4 Dogwood Ct Function: Direct Support Professional (Care Givers) New Jersey MENTOR
New Jersey MENTOR is seeking Youth SupportSpecialists. The purpose of youth support services is to provide behavioralhealth counseling, training, and direct support to address the functional/dailyor social skills for youth with developmental disabilities, substance abusehistory and/or emotional or behavioral challenges. We have a rangeof settings in which we provide these services. As a Youth Support Specialist, or Direct Support Professional, you will inspire hope and empower lives.
- Orient youth within 24 hours of program admission.
- Provide training, assistance and/or supervision to youth in the areas of daily living, personal care, financial management, community and social integration and/or job skills development.
- Establish a therapeutic relationship with the youth receiving services to ensure effective guidance, direct support and service delivery.
- Attend monthly treatment plan meeting(s).
- Provide weekly pre-vocational skills and Lifeskills training.
- Provide support to youth, to ensure objectives are met in accordance with the Service Plan.
- Coordinating, organizing and/or assisting with household activities such as light housekeeping and meal preparation may be required.
- May provide transportation for youth receiving services, planned and/or necessary activities and appointments.
- Maintain current progress and service notes and any other appropriate documentation in accordance with The MENTOR Network policy, program and New Jersey state statutes.
- Complete and submit all required documents.
- Provide supervisor with feedback and data relevant to day-to-day human/social services, Service Plans or administrative policy.
- Actively attend and participate in multi-disciplinary team meetings as required.
- Attend training and other meetings as mandated.
- Maintain confidentiality, respect human rights and practice universal precautions in accordance with The MENTOR Network policy.