PPL Corporation Sr Proj & Contract Manager T&S in Hazleton, Pennsylvania
Sr Proj & Contract Manager T&S
• Plans, directs, and ensures the successful management of assigned project portfolio utilizing the complete resources of the project management office and assigned project management teams. Experience managing project managers and a portfolio of projects that include portfolio budget ranging up to $1.5B, project budget ranging up to $250M, annual budget ranging from $100M to $300M, with complexity from low to extreme (degree of difficulty, level of risk, contracting strategy, stakeholder engagement), duration from several months to several years.
• Guarantees that the contractor services and deliverables are the proper quality and obtained in a timely manner to support the terms of the contract. Reviews complex solicitations and prepares specialized and/or non-routine responses for proposals, bids and contract modifications. Proposes alternatives to contracts as appropriate.
• Manages and monitors contractor performance and output. Participates in the development of business alliances and partnering agreements. Works with counterparts at key service contractors and other partner organizations to maximize the benefits realized from the ongoing relationships. Includes monitoring service contractor performance metrics and conducting regular reviews with all service providers by aligning EU and contractor expectations.
• Manages prompt resolution of contractor issues and change order submittals, including analyzing and developing company position on claims and disputes, and subsequently consults with senior management to resolve/negotiate claims and disputes associated with contracts.
• Responsible for contract administration and change order management of the assigned Program Management Contractor (PMC) contract.
• Assesses project management team resource loads, makes and manages appropriate individual assignments. Ensures coverage of all areas of expertise necessary to manage the project portfolio within the area of responsibility. Creates and maintains staffing plan to support the current and future work demands and project deliverables. Allocates appropriate resources to ensure that projects, enhancements and support is/are completed within committed time, scope and budget.
• Maintains communication with upper management both within and across organizations to ensure smooth running of all projects undertaken by team. Advises leadership about the project portfolio, status, budget, and resource planning for delivering strategic business projects. Establish and nurture positive relationships with any applicable regulatory, municipal, or customer organizations.
• Responsible for oversight of development, execution and ongoing maintenance of the Project Management Plan for each assigned project. This includes safety, scope, schedule, cost, quality, communication, resource, issues, risks, change control and contractor management plans. Level of detail is driven by project size and complexity.
• Responsible for all project management activities for assigned portfolio throughout the project life cycle (planning, detailed design, construction, close out and turnover to operations) on assigned project portfolio.
• Effectively applies PPL PM methodology and enforces project standards.
• Project team identification and ongoing management.
• Develop and manage the project communication plan.
• Managing/facilitating team deliverables such as design package, contractor contracts, and other applicable project milestones.
• Manages governance \"gate\" reviews and quality assurance procedures.
• Responsible to ensure project changes (scope, budget, and schedule) are managed through the project governance structure that has been implemented by PPL EU management.
• Proactively identify risk and mitigation plans, monitor project status, recognize negative trends and project variances, and establish corrective action.
• Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
• Manages project budget. Determines appropriate revenue recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for project. Accurately forecasts project cost to complete.
• Manages cash flows and final project cost, variances, and corrective actions.
• Oversight of contractor invoices pertaining to projects/work orders in assigned portfolio, including the verification of compliance with established PPL invoice and accrual processes, and timely resolution of any identified discrepancies.
• Has significant experience in Project/Program Management and ability to lead in the coaching and mentoring of team members to help them achieve individual expectations and deliverables. Provide leadership, direction and coaching on project specific tasks as well as individual professional development. Ability to see, account for, and coach others in the \"big picture\" as well as the details and to be able to tie initiatives to corporate goals. Ability to coach the team to initiate and present the right questions to gain insight into the business issues and needed resolutions. Demonstrates the ability to adapt to and lead change, and coach others in the acceptance and support of change.
• Support the development and maintenance of Project Management support policies, standards and procedures necessary to produce the deliverables from the team and to work effectively with the other teams. Assumes a leadership role in educating the business and technical community on Project and Program management processes and areas of expertise.
• Take ownership and delivery responsibility for special projects and company initiatives. Provide ongoing reconciliation between long-term goals and short-term actions. Initiates and implements new technologies, methodologies, process and procedures that will support PPL's long and short term goals.
We've got an electric future. The energy industry and is an exciting place, full of developing technology and new customer service possibilities. PPL Electric Utilities is looking for a Senior Project and Contract Manager who can help us provide strong, reliable, affordable electric service to more than a million customers in Pennsylvania, while adapting to new opportunities that are changing our industry. People depend on us and we deliver. We'd love to have you on board as we tackle that challenge, in new ways, everyday.
The Senior Project and Contract Manager position is the single point of accountability for a portfolio of large PPL Electric Utilities capital projects (Transmission and Substation) that range in value up to hundreds of millions of dollars. Responsible for supervision oversight of all project and contract management activities throughout the project life cycle including: planning, detailed design, construction, close out and turnover to operations on assigned project portfolio. Manages contractor commitments to ensure all deliverables are met to scope, schedule, and budget. Responsible for leadership and management of an assigned team of project managers, contractors and associated team project portfolio. Must have a strong leadership approach and the ability to influence a wide range of subject matter experts to accomplish the overall mission of the organization. Must be goal oriented, action-focused, pragmatic and self-disciplined. In addition, she/he must excel at project planning, organizing, communication, team motivation and delegation.
Candidates must meet the basic qualifications and pass all required tests or assessments to receive consideration. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility form upon hire.
•Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, or related discipline. •Minimum of five years in positions with project management, contract management, and/or construction management responsibilities. •Strong supervisory and/or leadership experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Our company is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify, genetic information, disability status, or any other protected characteristic.
Regular or Temporary:
•Master of Business Administration or other post graduate business study. •Project Management Professional certification from the Project Management Institute. •Familiarity with electric utility power delivery system (transmission, substation, and distribution) equipment and processes. •Customer interface experience. •Strong written, oral and presentation skills. •Strong organizational skills. •Demonstrated initiative. •Demonstrated leadership skills. •Engineering economics skills.
Full-time or Part-time:
As one of the largest investor-owned companies in the U.S. utility sector, PPL Corporation delivers on its promises to customers, investors, employees and the communities we serve. Our utilities – Western Power Distribution, Louisville Gas and Electric and Kentucky Utilities, and PPL Electric Utilities – provide an outstanding service experience for our customers, consistently ranking among the best in the United States and the United Kingdom. PPL has grown from a company with customers and facilities in one region of Pennsylvania to a diverse energy company with more than 10 million customers in the U.S. and the U.K. PPL provides energy for millions of customers while providing challenging and rewarding careers for thousands of employees around the U.S. and abroad. Follow PPL Corporation on social mediaTwitter: @PPLCorporation (https://twitter.com/PPLCorporation)LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/ppl-corporation)Follow PPL Electric Utilities on social mediaTwitter: @PPLElectric (https://twitter.com/PPLElectric)Facebook (www.facebook.com/PPLElectric)