Penn Medicine PRN Flight Nurse - PennSTAR in Lehighton, Pennsylvania
PRN Flight Nurse - PennSTAR
Job ID :72173
Job Category: Nursing
Specialty Area: Emergency Services
Primary Shift: Variable
Work Schedule: Per Diem
Penn Medicine Entity: Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
Location: Lehighton, PA
Address: 2321 Mahoning Drive East
Education Required: Per Position Description
Experience Required: Per Position Description
Employment Type: Per Diem
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Position Description :
Careers with the University of Pennsylvania Health System (UPHS) extend beyond the ordinary. Challenging and rewarding, they inspire achievement no matter what your discipline. Join us at PennSTAR and find the career of a lifetime.
• To arrive on time and in full uniform ready to work.
• Participate in shift change and briefing with off going ground / flight crew.
• Perform a thorough check of the aircraft, ambulance and base at the beginning of each shift. This includes cleaning, disinfecting vehicle and base and the restocking of needed supplies.
• Check and Signs off medications and vehicle check sheets daily.
• Assist pilot and driver in the completion of the preflight inspection, participate in shift safety briefing, participate in pre liftoff and landing safety check list for flight, and de-briefing after each call
• Maintain clear and effective communication with PennCOMM regarding the status of the aircraft or ambulance, patient and any other needed information.
• Maintain communications with local communications centers as needed.
• Maintain communications with on-site landing team to assure a safe and functional landing zone.
• Assists pilot in-flight by utilizing the aircraft navigation systems including but not limited to: Aircraft radios, Navigation instrumentation / GPS, NVG’s and all other aircraft equipment.
• Maintain proficiency with all aviation related competencies and equipment to include:GPS, Aircraft radios, satellite phones, base cellular phones, NVG, Medical interior of aircraft, Safety initiatives and all other vendor required initiatives / training.
• Maintain proficiency with all medical equipment including: IABP, VAD / ECMO, Ventilators, IV pumps, All other UPHS / PennSTAR related required initiatives / trainings.
• Provide appropriate and efficient care per PennSTAR protocols and document all care provided in Golden Hour prior to completion of your duty shift
• Other duties as required
The ideal provider will already be a strong clinician and autonomous, yet able to work as a member of a team. You will be able to work effectively in varied environments as our mission profile includes both pre-hospital and inter-facility transports.
Minimum Requirements :
PennSTAR is looking for excellent providers that excel under pressure with excellent clinical skills. Candidates MUST possess:
• Appropriate completion of an accredited RN program
• BSN is required
• Current PA Nursing License
• Current NJ Nursing License – within 6 months of hire
• Current Driver’s License,
• Current PA DOH PHRN Certification – Required
• Current Advanced Nursing Certification within 1 year of hire: CEN, CFRN, CTRN or CCRN certification
• NJ MICN & ACM Certification – Within 6 months of hire
• Current ACLS, PALS, BCLS, & PHTLS.
• Other credentialing may be required based on State requirements.
• Candidates must have at least 5 years full-time employment experience as an RN in a critical care environment (ER / ICU /Cath lab)
• Pre-hospital ALS experience is a PLUS
• Every candidate MUST pass a criminal and child abuse background check.
• Candidates will maintain all requirements for full medical command in PA & NJ yearly. Additional clinical certifications may be required.
• Candidate must maintain a body weight at or below 230 lbs in flight suit, helmet, and approved leather boots.
• All certifications / licensure must be current to maintain full Medical Command.
Additional Information :
The PennSTAR Flight program is the critical care flight and ground transportation service of Penn Medicine. As a national leader in air medical safety and patient care, PennSTAR embraces proven aviation safety technologies as well as a steadfast commitment to a culture of safety.
PennSTAR provides the highest quality patient care by employing and retaining high quality clinicians, promoting continuous improvement, and providing exceptional educational opportunities and experiences to clinicians.
PennSTAR responds to all patient requests as quickly as safety permits, regardless of the patients' ability to pay. By valuing the trust of our communities and healthcare colleagues that PennSTAR serves, the program's mission is fulfilled in a fiscally and socially responsible manner.
The PennSTAR Flight Program provides critical care air and ground medical transportation to the Tri-State Area within a 100-mile radius of Penn Medicine. PennSTAR provides rapid transport of critical care patients between medical centers, as well as "on-scene" services at the site of accidents and trauma-related incidents.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.