Lowe's Performance Instructor-Wknds in Pittston, Pennsylvania
I. Job Summary:
The Performance Instructor (PI) is a DC Operations Team Member position designed to be the primary
department trainer. This includes new hire training, best methods/job function training, equipment training,
and other duties as assigned by the AOM and department Coach. When not performing as a PI, the Team
Member will perform normal on-standard functions or participate in assigned special projects under the
direction of DC leadership. When performing normal on-standard functions, the Team Member will be eligible
for the Performance Team Member Bonus. The Performance Instructor must be able to teach others and
maintain a culture of safety among Team Members to achieve a safe working environment. The Performance
Instructor role may be leveraged as a development role for future advancement to coach.
II. Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Become certified as industrial powered equipment trainer
• Maintain excellent Safety performance. Safety or accuracy incidents could result in immediate reevaluation
of PI status.
• Work/train in any established area as assigned and rotate throughout various departments. Lead
under the direction of a Coach or other salaried leader.
• Set the example for the department with job functions, best methods, and work ethic.
• Display a positive attitude, promote teamwork, and support the Operations Coach.
• Maintain at least 100% Performance when working on-standard in established areas.
• Demonstrate effective leadership in training and safety activities
• Prepare new hires and those who change departments for upward promotion
• Communicate effectively with other Team Members and Team Leads regarding business objectives or
• Identify and assist in implementing process improvements or new training processes launched from
corporate (customer focused distribution)
III. Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct shift briefing, including safety topics, upcoming events and demand for the day
• Perform Operation tasks (receiving, picking product and loading) to assist in accomplishing daily
• Attend and participate in required LLC training programs; become certified
• Learn and demonstrate skill on new equipment; become certified
• Learn new skills and become certified in multiple areas in order to rotate within the facility
Job ID: 1387670BR
Line of Business: Distribution
Job Category: Distribution
Department: 0335 - DC Shipping
Employment Type I: Regular
Employment Type II: Full-Time
Location #: 1449
Location Name: Pittston, PA RDC
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.