SMG Changeover Laborer in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania
Mohegan Sun Arena @ Casey Plaza
Operations Coordinator/Team Leader
This position performs a multitude of physical tasks associated with the set up and break down of the Mohegan Sun Arena as needed.
- Sets up and breaks down equipment as directed (i.e. stage, risers, seating, basketball floor, hockey dasher system, chairs and tables, lobby area, dressing rooms, press room, etc.)
- Surveys equipment before and after events to check for damage and/or disrepair
- Assists with the maintenance and repair of equipment
- Assists as needed in all areas of Operations
- Performs housekeeping duties as assigned
- Performs other tasks as assigned
Daily contact with the Operations Staff
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Must possess the ability to interpret written instructions as to the physical set-up for specific events
Must possess the ability to perform various physical tasks associated with the set-up and break-down of the Mohegan Sun Arena and stand for long periods of time
- Must possess the knowledge of the use of various tools and equipment and be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must possess the ability to work hours as dictated by events
- Must possess the ability to work 4 to 12 hour shifts based on events
Must possess the ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends, and holidays, work as part of a team, and have reliable transportation
Must possess the ability to speak, read, and communicate effectively in English
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position
This job description portrays in general terms the type and level(s) of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any one incumbent. The knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training. The company reserves the right to modify, supplement, delete, or augment the duties and responsibilities specified in the position description, in the company's sole and absolute discretion. Duties other than those expressly specified may be assigned from time to time.
Recruiter: Jacqueline Belchick, HR Manager
Hiring Manager: Alan Gulbierz, Operations Coordinator
Positions Available: 10
Opening Date: February 16, 2018
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact Jacqueline Belchick at 570 970-3508.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled